Chapter 4: How to Interpret Tarot Card Combinations?
Tarot cards are considered as an ancient form of art or divination which is predictive. They are also used to guide one person when experiencing tough times or facing complications in life.
For instance, laying out the Celtic Cross’ spread exposes several atmospheres which surround a question. The outcome of the reading will be shaped once the questions are narrowed down like knowing the past which may have influenced the present situation.
Steps on How to Interpret Tarot Card Combinations:
There are several steps that you may take into account when interpreting the combinations of Tarot cards. Whether you are still learning or want to master Tarot card readings, the steps below can be of great help:
1. To begin the interpretation, spread the cards by observing the layout. Count cards that have common features before you start the reading.
2. Look for Major Arcana cards first. These cards are those with numbers 0 to 22 which show the range of the start of the karmic experience. For those who do not have any ideas about karmic experience, it is the one that you have no control over and may intervene in your fate.
3. If from the ten cards you laid out 4 or more are Major Arcana cards, this means that there is a presence of force in the place that will cause things to occur based on the action you’ve taken in your past. Based on what happened, there would be several pieces that will complicate the situation even if you do nothing.
4. Count the aces’ number in the reading. If there’s one or more, indications are the results of the beginning. If you got Ace of Rods in your combination, then this suggests a new growth. But, if you got Ace of Pentacles, this represents a new course of security. Ace of Cups means emotional involvement and Ace of Swords signify new challenges in the situation.
5. When interpreting, always observe the pages, as they indicate the experience that will be gained. However, it may not come to your present.
6. Pages in the combination show practice, education, sparring, planning, and ideas that will be taken. However, this is not just the end of the reading unless the final result shows otherwise.
7. Count numbers of every suit in the Tarot card reading. Each suit that has cards will serve as the guide of the force. If the card is cups, then the reading of the combination can be about relationship.
If Pentacles appeared, then the readings may guide you on financial or business matters. If the combination or reading has many Rods as compared to other suits, this means that there is a renewal of life. If Swords dominate, this means that you have to plan regarding your quest and be ambitious.