We receive all kinds of signs from the universe daily, but decoding them and applying them to our daily lives is a bit more of a challenge.
The tricky thing is that you can’t recognize them at first. It may be completely unnoticeable, or even if you notice it, it’s easy to discredit it as just a coincidence.
The Universe does not let you and your stubbornness out to dry. Ignore the first signs and the universe will persist and become more obvious. This can take the form of physical symptoms or events that push you out of your comfort zone.
Pay attention and try to notice any of the following signs:
1. Occurrences that you could even call coincidence, except that the timing is too perfect.
2. Dreams that offer you messages or suggestions.
3. Books (or blog posts!) that speak directly to where you are in your life.
4. Physical symptoms that signal something deeper (like back pain when you carry the weight of the world on your back).
5. Roadblocks on your current path. If something seems a lot harder than it should be, it may be a sign that you are supposed to take a fork in the road. When you listen to your call and in the flow, things can feel effortless.
6. Messages that arise during meditation.
7. Gut feelings or instincts that you cannot ignore.
8. Something someone says that touches your heart.
9. An inner feeling of knowing that something is true, even if it seems completely crazy, improbable or impractical.
10. Lyrics of songs that repeat again and again.
11. Answers to prayer that guide your way.
12. The people you attract who share your calling and guide you or share the path with you.
The universe does not always speak clearly.
Sometimes signs are garbled, not necessarily because the universe does not know how to deliver clear messages, but more likely, because you only listen to it halfway.
You could tell when the universe is trying to communicate – strange coincidences would happen, serendipities abound, books open as if by accident, dreams appear. They are confusing. They do not answer questions directly.
You always have a choice, no matter what the Universe says or does. You can get hit in the face with the answers, and you can always decide not to listen.
Free will is a fun thing in spiritual guidance. But we don’t have to follow the instructions. We can either fail to notice the signs or ignore the signs.
You can ask the Universe for guidance:
“If there is something I am supposed to do, please let me know.”
“If I’m supposed to do [insert what confuses you], send me a sign.”
“Please use my dreams to deliver all the messages you want me to receive.”
Remember, the Universe seems more likely to guide you if you are actually brave enough to follow directions.
Don’t forget to thank the Universe after!