Drink a glass of lemon water every morning for the following reasons..
1. Lemon water provides the body with electrolytes which hydrate your body. As lemons contain a good amount of electrolytes such as potassium, calcium and magnesium.
2. Water with lemon is good for joints, reducing pain in joints and muscles.
3. Hot water with lemon aids digestion because lemon contains citric acid. It interacts with other enzymes and acids that easily stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and digestion.
4. The liver produces more enzymes from water with lemon than from any other food.
5. Lemon water cleanses the liver. Lemon juice stimulates the liver to release toxins.
6. Lemon water helps fight respiratory tract infections, sore throats and inflamed tonsils. This is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of lemon.
7. Warm water with lemon helps regulate natural bowel movement.
8. Lemon water is essential for the normal functioning of the metabolism. Lemon is a powerful antioxidant, protects the body from free radicals and strengthens the immune system.
9. Water with lemon helps the proper functioning of the nervous system (because lemon has a high potassium content). Depression and anxiety are often the results of low blood potassium, and the nervous system needs a sufficient amount of potassium to provide long-lasting signals to the heart.
10. Lemon water cleans the blood, blood vessels and arteries.
11. Water with lemon can help lower blood pressure. A daily intake of lemon can reduce high blood pressure by 10%.
12. Water with lemon creates an alkalising effect in the body. Even if you drink it before a meal, it can help your body maintain a higher pH level. The higher the pH, the better your body’s ability to fight off disease.
13. Lemon water is good for the skin. Vitamin C in lemon improves our skin by rejuvenating the body. Drinking lemon water regularly (every morning) will improve your skin condition.
14. Water with lemon helps dilute uric acid, the buildup of which leads to joint pain and gout.
15. Lemon water is beneficial for pregnant women. Since lemons are loaded with vitamin C, they act as an adaptogen helping the body deal with viruses such as the common cold. In addition, vitamin C helps form bone tissue in the unborn baby. At the same time, due to the high content of potassium, a mixture of water and lemon helps form cells in the baby’s brain and nervous system.
16. Lemon water relieves heartburn. For this, mix a teaspoon of lemon juice in half a glass of water.
17. Water with lemon helps dissolve gallstones, kidney stones, pancreatic stones and calcium deposits.
18. Water with lemon helps to lose weight. Lemons contain pectin fibre, which helps suppress food cravings. Studies have proven that people with a better alkaline diet lose weight faster.
19. Water with lemon helps relieve toothache and gingivitis.
20. Lemon water prevents cancer. This is because lemons are a very alkaline food, and several studies have shown that cancer cannot thrive in an alkaline environment.
So when life gives you lemons, drink lemon water!
How to make lemon water.
- Squeeze lemon juice into a glass. Both handheld lemon reamer and glass lemon juicer reamer work well.
- Add warm water. To make the water warm, mix boiling water with cold filtered or bottled water.
- Stir and enjoy: Drink while warm.