Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny. ”
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Here are some common habits that are toxic to your spiritual identity.
Stop doing these things today and expect a better, healthier, and happier future:
1. Stop pretending that your problems don’t exist. Face them. The more you ignore them, the stronger they will be!
2. Stop putting your happiness or life satisfaction in the hands of others.
3. Stop pretending that your mistakes never happened. Embrace them. Learn from them. Grow from them. They made you who you are.
4. Stop telling yourself that you can’t do something until you’ve made an honest effort.
5. Stop neglecting the things that are important to you.
6. Stop putting the needs of others first. Take care of yourself. Love yourself. Become your best friend.
7. Stop trying to be like someone else. Instead, create the best version of yourself.
8. Stop waiting a while, retirement, graduation, promotion, when you can be happy. Instead, learn to find happiness in your current life.
9. Stop spending time with people who belittle you.
10. Stop questioning your self-esteem based on external forces. Your value comes from within.
11. Stop working for someone else’s dream. Set your own goals. Give them meaning.
Recommended: 6 Cosmic Reasons why Certain People Come Into Our Live
12. Stop being jealous of others. Either go out and do these things for yourself or embrace the life you have.
13. Stop believing that you cannot change. You can.
14. Stop minimizing compliments from others and maximizing their criticism. Try to reverse this dynamic.
15. Stop focusing on avoiding what you don’t want. Instead, focus on what you want.
16. Stop being too afraid of making a mistake when taking action.
17. Stop comparing yourself to others. You are not other people. You are you!
18. Stop wasting your energy worrying about things you can’t change.
19. Stop believing that others’ opinions matter more than yours.
20. Stop pretending you don’t have time to do the things you love. You can take time for whatever you think is important to you.
21. Stop saving joy for special occasions.
22. Stop fighting for mistakes and imperfections. You are just a human being.
23. Stop choosing the path of least resistance. If it doesn’t match your values, it’s not your way.
24. Stop blaming others for your misfortunes and unhappiness.
25. Stop letting your fear of failure keep you from pursuing your dreams.
26. Stop waiting for your situation to change. Take charge of your life.
27. Stop taking time away from people you love, to spend it with people you only tolerate.
28. Stop wasting your energy regretting a past mistake that you cannot change.
29. Stop letting shame stop you from apologizing, admitting that you have been hurt, or doing anything that keeps you from healing and moving on.
30. Stop waiting for the perfection of yourself, your loved ones, and your colleagues.
31. Stop feeling guilty about taking time off or other types of personal care.
32. Stop keeping yourself busy for the sake of being busy.
33. Stop rushing through life. Learn to savor it.
34. Stop saying “yes” to things you prefer not to do.
35. Stop making your life more complicated than it should be.
As Stephen King once wrote: “A man who cannot bear to share his habits is a man who must give them up.”
How many of the habits above do you have? How many would you admit to a friend? A stranger? Yourself? If these habits make you ashamed or unhappy, stop them today. You will feel so much better when you do.
Recommended: How Souls Choose Friends And Families They Want To Reincarnate With