Developing your intuition is an important part of personal development. Intuition helps us be confident in our decisions, keep us safe and protected, and keeps us aligned with our purpose here on planet Earth.
A common problem that a lot of people encounter as they develop their third eye (intuitive center) is that they overstimulate their pineal gland and fail to create a solid foundation on which to build energy. You can tell they are very heavy. The upper chakras receive a lot of attention through psychic development exercises.
It is equally important for you to pay attention and stimulate your other 5 chakras: Throat, Heart, Solar Plexus, Sacral, and Root. The Pineal Gland becomes overstimulated as a result of these exercises.
Then you start to experience the 4 common symptoms of an overstimulated Pineal Gland. The Pineal Gland is located in the third eye center. It helps us connect with other dimensions as well as our ability to predict the future.
4 symptoms of an overstimulated Pineal Gland:
- Difficulty in concentrating, difficulty in staying focused.
- Blurred vision, pressure in the eyes, sensitivity to light.
Recommended: 11 Ways to Decalcify Your Pineal Gland
What to do in order to soothe an overstimulated Pineal Gland:
- Rub a grounding oil on your third eye. Patchouli, peppermint, sandalwood, chamomile, frankincense, and/or blue tansy will provide relief.
- Cover your third eye with a hat, bandana, and/or bindi.
- Avoid fluoride!
- Placing a crystal-like tiger’s eye, hematite, amethyst, or fluorite on your third eye will help soothe an overstimulated Pineal Gland.
- Plan a Reiki and Craniosacral healing session.
- Hugging a tree will help you anchor your energy into the Earth.
- Eat root-based foods like carrots, sweet potatoes, dark chocolate, and/or protein.
- Do yoga or breathing exercises. This will move the Chi through your energy centers.
- Avoid crowds for a few days.
Each of us has psychic gifts and these gifts vary from person to person. We are doing ourselves a disservice when we compare our growth to others. Some people have clairvoyance skills from birth and some of us have to work a little harder at it.
Your psychic abilities will increase when you are good and ready. Being impatient and trying to rush the process will only throw you off balance and experience some of the symptoms I mentioned above.
Take your time, enjoy the process, and let go of your expectations of how and when you will be able to achieve your goals. Your gifts will manifest themselves when the time is right for you. Patience and confidence are part of the development process.